California Webinars and Recordings
A series of webinars exclusively for educators in California! These expert-led discussions have been designed to guide educators in maximizing the opportunities created by special funding available in California. Register to join live or check back to access the recordings.
Join Mikela Thomas on Thursday, April 13 at 11am PDT for an engaging webinar and learn how to maximize the cultural relevance of your teaching and learning with literacy resources eligible for California funding.
Shannon Miller meets with education leaders and librarians of California on Thursday, April 27 at 1pm PDT to share how you can make summer learning student-led, culturally relevant and effective. Leave feeling empowered to combat summer learning loss with a full toolkit of choice boards, letters home and more.
- Learning is for Everyone: The importance of culturally relevant texts in class. Webinar Deck
- Learning is for Everyone! Where Will Your Readers GO this Summer? Webinar Deck
- Shannon Miller's Choice Boards
- Shannon Miller's Blog, The Library Voice
- The Importance of Reading Aloud Infographic
- Stop the Slide! Start Summer Reading Infographic
- Summer BINGO Pdfs in English and Spanish (and more downloadables!)
- Connect with the presenters!