Inspire the wonder of reading with Wonder Readers, a nonfiction guided reading program for levels A-M. The Wonder Readers program is a collection of 118 nonfiction leveled books and 9 big books to help early readers who are learning to read and to support early fluent readers as they become independent readers.
The leveled informational text program helps students learn to read through the content areas of math, science and social studies. Bookrooms and individual titles are available in English and Spanish for all titles level A-M.
This leveIed program was created in collaboration with National Literacy Consultant Adria F. Klein, Ph.D., professor emeritus, in the Graduate Reading Program at California State University, San Bernardino. She has written several books and numerous articles on emergent literacy, Reading Recovery™, ESL, integrated language arts, staff development, and technology. Adria teaches courses in language arts and literacy and directs the graduate program in early intervention at Saint Mary’s College of California.
Perfect for Common Core, providing nonfiction text with increasing difficulty, the Wonder Readers program features:
- Low-level, short text, nonfiction books written for beginning and transitional readers
- Appropriate text structures for teaching literacy and comprehension
- Text-to-picture match to help students understand information
- Teach literacy skills while developing content area vocabulary and concepts
- Multiple assessments included for monitoring student progress
- Teacher Notes for each title*
Peek Inside the Books!
Select a book to learn more about, then just click on the Google Preview button underneath the book cover.