Capstone Young Readers Introduces New Lifestyle Brand for Tweens and Teens
Minneapolis, Minn. (April 3, 2014) – Capstone Young Readers announces the launch of a new lifestyle brand to house its bestselling craft and lifestyle titles. Craft It Yourself (CIY)™ inspires girls ages 9 and up to express their creativity by designing, decorating, planning, and crafting their way to fun through easy, do-it-yourself guides.
From delicious dessert decoration and inspired paper crafts to fabulous party planning and vintage make-it-yourself fashion trends, CIY features topics designed specifically for tween and teen tastes. The brand launches with seven titles previously published by Capstone Young Readers, including the transmedia product Planning Perfect Parties (www.planningperfectparties.com). Also included in the CIY launch is the forthcoming Custom Confections, the highly anticipated follow-up to Dessert Designer, in September.
“Our readers amaze us with their creativity, skill, and appetite for new and innovative crafts. Craft It Yourself is a brand readers can count on for inspiration and unique, contemporary projects they can make their own,” said Ashley Andersen Zantop, Group Publisher and General Manager.
Craft It Yourself includes the following titles:
• (Publishing September 2014) Custom Confections: Delicious Desserts You Can Create and Enjoy by Jen Besel. ISBN 978-1-62370-136-9. More than 40 fun, simple recipes will have kids (and kids at heart) creating delicious desserts to decorate and devour!
• Planning Perfect Parties: The Girls’ Guide to Fun, Fresh, Unforgettable Events by Jen Jones. ISBN 978-1-62370-063-8. More than 10 creative party themes perfect for teens. A companion website offers readers additional content, such as budget tools, shopping lists, and invite templates, to use in planning their party.
“Fabulous party planning book…” –School Library Journal
• Dessert Designer: Creations You Can Make and Eat! by Dana Meachen Rau. ISBN 978-1-62370-006-5. Design and decorate like a pro with no baking skills required! Readers learn tips and tricks for creating whimsical, inspiring, and utterly gorgeous desserts.
“Kids – whether artists or foodies – will be drawn to this attractive, accessible offering, and many moms will fight to join them in the kitchen.” –Booklist
• Paint It: The Art of Acrylics, Oils, Pastels, and Watercolors by Mari Bolte. ISBN 978-1-62370-009-6.
Readers develop the essential techniques that will propel their art from scribbles to masterpieces.
“A worthy addition to any art collection.” –Booklist
• Paper Artist: Creations Kids Can Fold, Tear, Wear, or Share by Kara L. Laughlin, Jennifer Phillips, and Gail D. Green. ISBN 978-1-62370-004-1. Budding artists use paper to create everything from lanterns to picture frames. Simple, step by step instructions and big, full color photographs help readers maximize their potential.
“Cool, clear, and filled with easy-to-follow ideas...” –School Library Journal
• Fashion Forward: Creating Your Look With the Best Vintage Style by Lori Luster, Rebecca Langston-George, Liz Sonneborn, and Allison Crotzer Kimmel. ISBN 978-1-62370-062-1.
An inspiring must-read for every young fashionista! Learn how to wear fashion finds or how to create the looks from the best fashions from decades past.
• Fashion Drawing Studio: A Guide to Sketching Stylish Fashions by Marissa Bolte. ISBN 978-1-62370-005-8.
Featuring step-by-step sketches and easy-to-follow illustrations, this title gives aspiring designers a look into fashion-forward clothing trends. Tips, techniques, and the perfect outfit accessories make this book the ideal inspiration for the future fashion designer.
“While this may look like an instructional title, it reads like Teen Vogue…” –Booklist
• Re-Craft: Unique Projects That Look Great (and Save the Planet) by Carol Sirrine and Jen Jones. ISBN 978-1-4296-6637-4. With easy instructions and inspiring photographs of finished projects, Re-Craft provides the earth-minded reader with creative ways to be green, look good and have fun.
About Capstone Young Readers
Capstone Young Readers creates exciting reading experiences for toddlers to teens. The trade program of Capstone, Capstone Young Readers features a collection of carefully selected titles across a range of topics, formats, and interest levels to build a passion for reading. From board and picture books, to innovative fiction and nonfiction, drawing and how-to, and graphic novels, Capstone Young Readers’ list includes an array of children’s books and ebooks from beloved authors. For more information, visit www.CapstoneYoungReaders.com.