Capstone Showcases Curriculum and Professional Development Resources, Author Presentations and Book Giveaways at ILA Conference
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – July 7, 2015 – Capstone, a leading publisher of children’s books, digital solutions and services, literacy programs, and K–12 professional development materials, will feature some of the best resources for classroom teachers at the International Literary Association’s 2015 annual conference, July 18-20 in St. Louis, Mo. Highlights from Capstone’s packed schedule at Booth 1111 include: author book signings and presentations of writing and literacy programs, myON reader, Cantata Learning, and professional development resources by Capstone authors.
Featured in-booth events include:
• What’s Your Point? presentations – A new writing program from internationally known educational author and consultant Tony Stead will be presented at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 18 and 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 19.
• Engage Literacy presentation – Learn more about this comprehensive, balanced K-3 literacy program that can be used with individual students, small groups, or whole classrooms at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 19.
• myON reader presentations – Discover this personalized literacy platform that expands the classroom, providing unlimited access to the largest collection of more than 8,000 enhanced digital books with multimedia supports. Presentations throughout the day.
• Cantata Learning presentations – From classic nursery rhymes to curriculum topics, Cantata Learning pairs music with picture books to engage students’ senses and prepare them to learn. Presentations at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 19, and at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, July 20.
• Free book giveaways during select author signings –
Author Mark Weakland presents his award-winning Bubbles Float, Bubbles Pop at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 18 with book signing at 1:00 p.m.
Author John Micklos Jr., signs Discovering the West: The Expedition of Lewis and Clark at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 19.
Cantata Learning author Steven Andersen presents at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 19 and at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, July 20, with book signings to follow.
• More than a dozen professional development author book signings taking place at the booth.
Consult Capstone’s complete schedule of in-booth events for all activities.
Several Capstone authors, including Dr. Nancy Boyles, Susan Koehler, Kaye Hagler, and Dr. Meryl Jaffe will also present workshops and sessions at ILA. Consult the ILA author sessions schedule for a comprehensive listing of these events.
Capstone is a leading publisher of children’s books, digital solutions and services, literacy programs, and K–12 professional development resources. Capstone creates content in a variety of print, digital and media formats for school libraries, classrooms, and at home reading. Capstone’s business units include Capstone Library, Capstone Classroom, Capstone Young Readers, myON, and Capstone International. For more information, visit www.CapstonePub.com.