Capstone Celebrates 25th Anniversary at ILA Conference with Author Presentations, New Curriculum and Professional Development Resources, Book Giveaways and Prizes
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – June 23, 2016 – Capstone, a leading publisher of children’s books, digital solutions and services, literacy programs, and K–12 professional development materials, will feature resources and workshops grounded in best practices at the International Literary Association’s 2016 annual conference, July 9-11 in Boston, Mass. Highlights from the packed schedule at Booth 1204 include presentations of writing and literacy programs, myON reader, and professional development resources by Capstone authors. A celebration of Capstone’s 25th anniversary with cookies, coffee, and free birthday books will take place in the booth at 3:30 on Saturday.
A dynamic lineup of Capstone Professional authors, including Dr. Tim Rasinski and Dr. Michael Ford, will lead the ILA sessionsand workshops. Among the hot topics to be covered are guided reading, fluency, comprehension, formative assessment, content literacy, writing, close reading, and text features. Refer to the Capstone author ILA sessions schedulefor a comprehensive listing with dates, times, and locations.
In-booth presentations on Capstone programs include:
• What’s Your Point?,aK-5 persuasive writing program from internationally known author and educational consultant Tony Stead, will be presented at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 9.
• Engage Literacy,acomprehensive, balanced K-3 literacy program that can be used with individual students, small groups, or whole classrooms, will be presented at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 10.
• myON, a personalized literacy platform that expands the classroomfor teachers and students by providing unlimited access to the largest collection of more than 10,000 enhanced digital books with multimedia supports, embedded assessments, a suite of Literacy Tools and real-time reporting to measure student reading achievement.
The booth schedule also includes mini presentations from leading authors demonstrating practical classroom strategies. See the complete schedule of in-booth events and activities.
- Booth visitors will also find free books, book signings, raffles, and special ILA discounts:
· Author Mark Weakland will sign free copies of Captain Kidd’s Crew Experiments with Sinking and Floating at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 10.
· Author John Micklos Jr., will sign free copies of A Primary Source History of the Civil War at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 10.
· Free copies of the ILA 2016 Children’s Choice selection Little Red Riding Hood will be distributed at 12:00 noon on Sunday, July 10.
· Professional Development authors will sign books on a variety of topics throughout the show. The authors’ books will be sold with a special ILA 30% off discount and free books from the authors will be raffled off each day. See the completeschedule of book signings.
Capstone is a leading publisher of children’s books, digital solutions and services, literacy programs, and K–12 professional development resources. Capstone creates content in a variety of print, digital and media formats for school libraries, classrooms, and at home reading. For more information, visit www.myCapstone.com.